Cannot set yourself apart from your beloved addicted partner? Getting emotionally attached more while taking care of the person?
Well, you may be doing just the wrong thing and encouraging the addiction more.
Why detaching a better option
Yes, absolutely. Here are the reasons why even love should detach an addict but with love:
- When you are fully dependent on a relationship and your partners seems to be an addict, emotional ups and down can bring in impact. Getting consistent hurts and then getting emotionally down is something which affects the relationship.
- Taking care, supporting the addict, financial help can urge the addiction. You may think that they may change with your love and care. But that will only be worsening the situation. The addict knows there is someone who will be in support of them and will take care. Here just few steps back can help the addict to come out.
- When you are with an addict, everything is in turmoil. Not only you but the entire family. Sometimes the addicts can become violent; they can even steal money for other drigs and gets manipulative for themselves. Hence it is not at all healthy environment for other members to live in.
So detaching is essential.
Does that mean I have to leave my partner forever?
Know what to do in detach
Absolutely a wrong idea, we often misunderstands the detaching from addict. When a person is in constant process of hurting you again and again, you need to step back. Stepping back can ensure the addicts that:
- You are not emotionally attached with the person
- Les involvement in their decisions
- Less concern about their mistakes
- Not at all financially involved with them
- Their action is not your responsibility.
So you have to be together yet not… that does not mean that you leave the person and goes away. It is sacrificing the person which is not at all an easy task to accomplish.
How to do so in a challenging situation?
If you are trying to get detach, here’s few guide to help you how do you detach with love:
- Stop arguing. Often addicts gets irrational and they don’t understand any logic. So you are literally wasting your word trying them to understand the logic. They are into the irrational environment and will continue to do so. Accept the fact that they are irrational and hence stop arguing.
- Don’t blame yourself as addict needs just drinks not reason behind their drinks. So you are not at all to blame for any situation. Don’t take the responsibility of their mistake on you. Let them take their own and step backwards. Instead get involved in the family and take care of them without a single responsibility on them.
- Keep yourself up and not letting yourself down. Living with an addict often leds the others person into depression. Hence keeping positively in mind and go on is the real challenge here. Prioritize your career, children, family and your medical health.
- Stop financing or giving anything. Be selfish with addicts as they are already selfish with you. Again no logic works with them. Just stop providing anything which can help the addict to get the drink or drug.
And all these would be a bit easy if you find similar minded people and get involved with them. Join any such group and your task would be much easier. Get to know about them from the