Cannot set yourself apart from your beloved addicted partner? Getting emotionally attached more while taking care of the person?
Well, you may be doing just the wrong thing and encouraging the addiction more.
Why detaching a better option
Yes, absolutely. Here are the reasons why even love should detach an addict but with love:
- When you are fully dependent on a relationship and your partners seems to be an addict, emotional ups and down can bring in impact. Getting consistent hurts and then getting emotionally down is something which affects the relationship.
- Taking care, supporting the addict, financial help can urge the addiction. You may think that they may change with your love and care. But that will only be worsening the situation. The addict knows there is someone who will be in support of them and will take care. Here just few steps back can help the addict to come out.
- When you are with an addict, everything is in turmoil. Not only you but the entire family. Sometimes the addicts can become violent; they can even steal money for other drigs and gets manipulative for themselves. Hence it is not at all healthy environment for other members to live in.
So detaching is essential.
Does that mean I have to leave my partner forever?
Know what to do in detach
Absolutely a wrong idea, we often misunderstands the detaching from addict. When a person is in constant process of hurting you again and again, you need to step back. Stepping back can ensure the addicts that:
- You are not emotionally attached with the person
- Les involvement in their decisions
- Less concern about their mistakes
- Not at all financially involved with them
- Their action is not your responsibility.
So you have to be together yet not… that does not …